For quite some time I have wanted to come up with my own defintion of love and I think instead of one short phrase... I may need a paragraph, post, blog, or even book about it. Love is such a general term these days. The fact that it is used in many lustful situations is just the beginning. The fact that people say they love money, Coach, Gucci, Mustang, cats, and plants is in my mind doing the word love a mis-service and it is utterly a mis use of the word. Do I catch my self saying I love such things from time to time, yes I do. I shouldn't I know it is wrong but I still do it. Why? I think I just get caught up in the world, which I do not belong in, since I belong to Jesus Christ. To love is to give of yourself completly to something or someone. Jesus loved us, He gave Himself for us, by dieing. Yes that is a bit extreme but in that instance it was necessary otherwise He would loose those He loves forever. It is possible to love material possessions but that would mean that the world is going to consume you. Are we not supposed to live in the world but NOT be of it. There is a difference. So... Loving someone is giving yourself.... does that mean give up your morals? NO. does it mean to get down on your knees and worship them? NO, unless it is the Lord. The bible defines love as simply but very complexly "God". I know love comes from God, love is of God, as all things are of Him.
More ranting about this subject in the days to come!!
Love (how ironic, but yes I love you reader!)
ER
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment